Controller for the Processing of Your Personal Data
- “Controller” for the processing of your personal data as defined in Art. 4 (7) GDPR is
- WHILL Europe B.V.
- Johan Cruijff Boulevard 61
- 1101 DL Amsterdam
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or at our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
We process the personal data you have provided to us, for example in the context of the delivery of products and/or services to you or obtained by us because you have used our website, filled out a contact form, completed an (online) questionnaire or signed up for our newsletter.
- The personal data that we process from you may be the following:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your date of birth;
- Contact details such as your telephone number and email address;
- Other data, such as data from your account on Twitter, LinkedIn or other social media services;
The IP address of the computer with which you visit our website (see also under point 6 “cookies”).
- The personal data that we process from you may be the following:
Collection of Your Personal Data
- The purpose of the personal data that we collect relates in particular to optimizing the website, improving our product and service information, carrying out targeted marketing campaigns, sending you information that you have requested from us, facilitate making a test drive appointment with one of our distributors and/or executing an agreement.
- If you are interested in our products and would like to become our customer or if you are our costumer, we process the personal data that you provide to us when contacting us. This information is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract and further for the performance of the contract concluded with you as a result.
- If you contact us and send us your inquiry/question via our contact form, we process your personal data, such as your name and your e-mail address. In addition, you should let us know your request. You should also specify which user group you belong to. You can choose to be a user, a caregiver, a medical professional, or a reseller. This information is mandatory information that we need in order to process your inquiry and request in the best possible way. Mandatory fields are marked with a *. You can also enter your postcode. This information is voluntary. We process your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR on the basis of your explicit consent, which you give us before sending your request via the contact form by clicking the check box.
- Insofar as you access and use our website purely for informational purposes, we only collect such data which is automatically transmitted by your Internet browser. This includes e.g. the date and time of the inquiry to the website, the respective quantity of data transmitted, the website from which the access took place, browser type, browser settings and your IP address. This access data shall be evaluated exclusively for the purpose of ensuring a trouble-free operation of the website. This takes place according to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in a correct presentation of our offering.
- If you are a legal representative or employee of one of our customers or prospective customers, your personal data can be collected insofar as you act in the name of or on behalf of our (prospective) customer within the scope of the (to be initiated) business relationship with us. This occurs for the purpose of the initiation or, respectively, performance of the contract concluded with you, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
Transmission of Your Personal Data to other Controllers, Processors or Third Parties
- In order to process your personal data, we may engage service providers (processors) who process personal data – exclusively on our behalf. We conclude a processing agreement with these processors. This processing agreement states, among other things, that the processors will act solely on our instructions and may not use the personal data for their own purposes.
- We transfer your personal data only if this is necessary for the performance of a contract or for technical purposes.
- Unless you give your separate and explicit permission for this, WHILL Europe B.V. will not provide and/or sell your personal data to third parties for commercial purposes.
- Your personal data will be transferred, among other things, in the following cases:
- If processed through the contact form or via email, then this will be stored on Microsoft’s server. This is valid on the basis of the data processing agreement on behalf of the control in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR concluded with Microsoft to which we have a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
- If you have indicated that you want to make an appointment for a test drive, WHILL Europe B.V. will forward your information to a (local) distributor, so that they can contact you to make an appointment.
- For purposes that serve the performance of a task in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
Transfer of Your Personal Data to a Third Country
In addition to its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, WHILL Europe B.V. has offices in several European countries, Winnipeg in Canada, and California in the U.S.A. WHILL Europe B.V. has concluded standard contractual arrangements for the international transfer of data with its offices in Europe, Japan and Canada (so-called controller-to-controller standard contractual clauses). In circumstances where WHILL Europe B.V transfers personal data to other parties, in those countries outside of the EU/EEA without an adequacy decision, WHILL Europe B.V will ensure that it provides appropriate safeguards for this transfer in accordance with the GDPR.
- This website uses transient as well as persistent cookies. The scope and functionality of these cookies are explained in the following:
- Transient cookies are automatically erased when you close your browser. These include, in particular, session cookies which store a so-called session ID that can be used to assign different requests from your browser to the same session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are erased when you log off or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically erased after a defined time which may vary depending upon the cookie. You can erase the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser settings as desired and, e.g., reject acceptance of third- party cookies or all cookies. However, we must point out that this action could have the consequence that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Social Media Plugins
- Facebook, Instagram
- Social plugins (“plugins”) from social networks (Facebook and Instagram) are used on our website. If you access a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook or Instagram servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the respective provider directly to your browser. By integrating the plugins, the providers receive the information that your browser has called the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a profile or are not currently logged in. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a server of the respective provider in the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to one of the services, the providers can assign your visit to our website directly to your profile on Facebook or Instagram. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the “Like” or “Instagram” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a server of the provider and stored there.
- The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by the providers on their pages, as well as your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy, please refer to the privacy notices of the providers:
- We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored at https://www.youtube.com.
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the date and time the website was called up, the amount of data transferred, the website from which the request came, browser type, browser settings and your IP address will be transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or the design of its website to meet your needs. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Storage Periods and Criteria for the Storage of Your Personal Data
All processed personal data shall only be stored no longer and to the extent than is necessary for us to perform our contractual and statutory obligations. Among other things, data storage is necessary for the performance and execution of the contract including the defence and enforcement of civil law claims within the relevant statute of limitations time periods. In order not to violate the statutory regulations or to lose the possibility of enforcing a claim or to defend ourselves against such a claim, we reserve the right to first erase the data after expiry of the last time period which legitimizes the data storage. The storage period of the used cookies and other technical access data can be found in our Cookie Banner.
- You have the following rights in dealings with us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to withdraw your consent in processing your personal data (Art. 7 (3) GDPR)
- Right to information (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification or erasure (Art. 16, Art. 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR)
You have the right to lodge an objection at any time insofar as reasons exist relating to your particular situation against the processing of your personal data by us which occurs on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR (data processing due to a legitimate interest). If you lodge an objection, we shall no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling legitimate grounds requiring protection in favour of processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Furthermore, you have the right to lodge an objection at any time against the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, Art. 21 (2) GDPR. If you lodge an objection to processing for purposes of direct marketing, we shall no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
- You also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
- In order to exercise your rights under Section 10.1, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.